STEP 1- IDENTIFICATION
We will take a photograph of your photo ID (national ID card or passport). Please ensure that your photo, first name, and surname are clearly displayed to the camera.
Follow the instructions…
- New capture or confirmation.
Follow the instructions…
STEP 2 - ANSWERING QUESTIONS
Each question follows the same procedure:
- The system asks you a question
- You must read the question within a set time limit
- You must respond to the question within a set time limit
- The system moves on to the next question
The online test ends once you have answered all the questions.
STEP 3 - CONTENT OF THE ONLINE TEST
The AEPS online test is in two parts:
- Part 1: General English
- Part 2: Standard Phraseology
The progress bar shows you where in the test you currently are.
STEP 4 - AEPS ONLINE TESTING INTERFACE
The AEPS testing interface looks like this:
- Zone 1 shows your progress through the test
- Zone 2 is where the questions are displayed
- Zone 3 is where you input your answers
STEP 5 - ANSWERING QUESTIONS AND MANAGING YOUR TIME
Zone 2 shows the question you must answer
It contains :
- the number, title, and theme of the question
- the question or instruction itself
- Zone 3 contains the video and audio recording tool
The blue square tells you how much time you have left before the recording starts.Tip: If you want to answer before the end of the countdown, you can start the recording yourself by clicking on “Skip and start recording now”.
Once the countdown is complete, the video and audio recording will start automatically and you will see yourself on the screen.
Under your image, there is a new countdown telling you how much time you have left to answer the question.If you answer the question before the end of the countdown, you will have the option to proceed to the next question by clicking on the button below. Please note that this button only appears after a certain time.
STEP 6 - ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- If you have to stop your test due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. loss of internet connection, power cut, etc.) you can resume your test from the point of your last saved answer.
- While we understand that there may be interruptions beyond your control, we strongly advise you to complete the test in a single sitting wherever possible. Unusually high numbers of interruptions may give us reason to suspect cheating, and we reserve the right to invalidate your test result in such cases.
- We recommend that you use the maximum time available before answering each question, in order that you fully understand what is required.
- You do not have to wait until the end of the countdown to move on to the next question. However, the more material you provide us, the easier it will be to assess your level fairly and accurately.
- Never give an answer of just “Yes” or “No” to a question.
- Examiners are there to assess your level of English, not your technical or theoretical aviation knowledge.
- You will receive an e-mail within 72 hours to let you know that your results are available. If you need your result faster than this, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help (option with charge).
- If you pass your test, you will be able to download your certificate directly from your AEPS account, under the “My Certifications” tab.
- Your invoice can also be downloaded from your account.