Essential aerodrome information
Essential aerodrome information is information regarding the movement area or its associated facilities which is necessary to ensure the safe operation of aircraft. Aerodrome information should be passed to aircraft whenever possible prior to start-up or taxi and prior to the commencement of final approach.
Essential information on aerodrome conditions shall include information relating to the following:
- construction or maintenance work on, or immediately adjacent to the movement area;
- rough or broken surfaces on a runway, a taxiway or an apron, whether marked or not;
- snow, slush or ice on a runway, a taxiway or an apron;
- water on a runway, a taxiway or an apron;
- snow banks or drifts adjacent to a runway, a taxiway or an apron;
- other temporary hazards, including parked aircraft and birds on the ground or in the air;
- failure or irregular operation of part or all of the aerodrome lighting system;
- any other pertinent information.
FASTFLY 123 CAUTION CONSTRUCTION WORK ALONG TAXIWAY CHARLIE
… CENTRE LINE TAXIWAY LIGHTING UNSERVICEABLE
… LARGE FLOCK OF BIRDS REPORTED NORTH OF RUNWAY 18
… ILS 15 UNSERVICEABLE
… RUNWAY CONDITIONS 18: AVAILABLE WIDTH 30 METERS, COVERED WITH THIN PATCHES OF ICE, BRAKING ACTION POOR.